This studio has been designed by a photographer and so has creative people and your needs in mind. Every aspect has been thought of from a set build perspective, every corner has something to offer, not to mention the array of coloured backdrop papers and our paintable flats helping you to create your best photography.
stepthirtyone is a photo and video studio that believes sustainability is key, and so during our refurbishments we have recycled in excess of 15 tonnes of waste. Where possible we also up-cycled to make unique features such as our kitchenette shelves made from our previous window ledges. We also donated a large proportion of materials from our courtyard such as paving stones and wood to the Forest Gate community garden and some keen allotment owners.
We want stepthirtyone to be a place for people to come together, work together and create together.
In numerology the number 31 represents practical yet creative energy, something we hope you will find in our space. It actually takes exactly 31 steps from our gate to our front door (test it if you like). We wanted to echo how many steps it takes for every project and that you can take your creative steps with us.
• Kitchenette w/ mini fridge
• Private bathroom w/shower
• Client seating area
• Hair & make up area
• Iron & board, hand held steamer
• Clothing rail & hangers
• Dressing robe & towels
• Some studio equipment
• Wireless Virgin ultrafast broadband 200mbps download and 15mbps upload fibre-optic.
• A dedicated helper to look after any needs you may have.
• Air con unit for hire during summer months £50 per day
• Additional Rail £20 per day
• Additional Hangers £10 per set
• 750 square feet (across 2 floors, 550 shooting space)
• Height of ceiling up stairs it's on a slant:
Tallest point; 9ft 10
Shortest point; 7ft 10
• 7x double 13 amp plugs.
• Great as a location or luxury studio
• Excellent daylight from windows and skylights.
• Electronic blackout blinds providing a darkened space
• Loaded with original features, exposed brickwork, high open ceiling, distressed wood, wooden flooring, light industrial lighting features.
• Background support kit
• Apple box
• Digi trolley
• 4x Poly boards & stands
• 4x Sand bags
• 2x Bowens Gemini flash lights
• 2x Light stands
• 1x Octabox
• 2x Umbrella (white shoot through and silver black)
• We have many colouramas to use we charge £10 per meter wastage of any stock we have. We can order any colour with enough notice (price on request)
• We have 2x flats available to hire and paint
• Additional equipment can be hired through one of our hire partners.